In January 1932 someone put this three-ha’pence stamp on a letter and posted it. The stamp bore the head of George V, the king who changed his dynasty’s German family name to Windsor. The stamp was franked in Stratford sub Castle's sub post office. Where in the village was that in 1932?
There’s a clue there still - the G R post box mounted on a garden wall in
Stratford Road, alongside Old Sarum View. In 1932 this thatched cottage was a village shop and post office. It is now Grade II Listed and a private residence.