Fire Service attend late night bonfire

Updated 24 June

Billowing black smoke and flames brought a Fire Service appliance using flashing blue lights to the garden of a house in Stratford Road at 10.40 pm last night.

Nearby residents were forced to close bedroom windows on this, one of the hottest nights of 2020 so far.

Original Story dated 15 April - A message from Wiltshire Council

Please help our vulnerable residents with respiratory conditions to breathe more comfortably at home and avoid having bonfires.

This is not just a request from us (Wiltshire Council) but from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue team who have had many calls to fires that have turned out to be bonfires. They need to concentrate on sending their resources to where they are needed most. Thank you. is a non-profit site maintained by local residents.

Sponsored by St Lawrence PCC; Stratford Garden Club; Stratford Guild; Local History Group

When was the website last updated ?  View the Recent Updates page