About Stratford sub Castle
Situated on the northern fringes of Salisbury, Wiltshire and just south of the Woodford Valley, Stratford sub Castle was once a thriving medieval village but is now a semi-rural residential area and since 1954, part of Salisbury. It lies 8 miles south of Stonehenge.
Stratford's boundary to the west is the River Avon, and to the east Old Sarum, a one-time iron age hill fort. On this high ground a Norman castle was built, with the original Sarum (Salisbury) cathedral within the outer bailey.
The Grade 1 listed St Lawrence Church, and Stratford sub Castle Primary School, play their parts in our active and friendly community.
Details of our local clubs and other organisations are here.
The Reading Room (Village Hall) is available to hire.
Information about Bus routes, Mobile Library and many other local amenities, is on the Stratford Services page.
Download illustrated directions of local walks from the