This booklet is the story of nine local men who went to war in 1914-18 and were killed in action overseas.
Seven of them have no known graves and two are buried in graveyards on the Somme.
Their names are on a memorial board in the Church and were engraved on the Wayside Cross in 2014.
This is part of the history of Stratford and the booklets are available in the church in the right hand box pew in the chancel, and underneath the memorial board at the rear of the church on the South wall.
Contributions in the region of £1 gratefully received for church funds. Copies are also available from Helen Rowe