The information appearing below was obtained from Wiltshire Council - recycling on 6 October 2017 and will be valid until changes planned for 30 July 2018 come into force.
What can I put in my black box?
Please put all clothes, shoes and accessories in tied plastic bags to keep them dry. We can't collect wet items or those in black refuse sacks/charity bag.
You can place any extra glass, cans, paper or textiles into separate open carrier bags (not black bags) and place next to your black box.
- Clean food tins
- Drinks cans
- Empty aerosols
- Clean foil and foil trays
- Metal biscuit tins
- Paper (excluding brown paper - this goes in your blue-lidded bin)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Directories and catalogues
- Envelopes (no need to remove windows)
- Clean glass bottles
- Clean glass jars (leave the lids on)
- Pairs of shoes, belts, handbags
- Curtains and sheets
- Blankets and duvet covers
What can I put in my blue-lidded bin?
Please empty, wash and squash all plastic bottles. Leave lids on.
Plastic bottles of any colour, including:
- Washing up liquid bottles
- Bleach bottles
- Laundry liquid and fabric conditioner bottles
- Cooking oil bottles
- Drinks bottles
- Juice or squash bottles
- Milk and yoghurt drink bottles
- Handwash bottles
- Shampoo and conditioner bottles
Cardboard of any colour including:
- Cereal boxes
- Egg boxes
- Ready meal sleeves
- Food packaging boxes and sleeves
- Brown paper
- Greetings cards
- Wrapping paper (but not the foil kind)
- Pizza boxes
- Shoe boxes
- Shredded paper
- Toilet and kitchen rolls
- Corrugated cardboard